-->

1 1000000 Dementia Friends

The Alzheimer’s Society is celebrating what it claims to survive the largest social motility for whatsoever illness every bit it reached its millionth “dementia friend”.

By Bob DeMarco


s Society is celebrating what it claims to survive the largest social motility for whatsoever illness  1 Million Dementia Friends
Photo: The Guardian

I recollect when I start read almost it, together with wrote almost it, I was exhilarated.

In 2012, I wrote correct hither inwards the Alzheimer's Room:
Not exclusively volition Dementia Friends acquire a Worldwide movement, it volition aid eliminate the stigma attached to Alzheimer's together with Dementia Worldwide.
And Jeremy Hughes said,
It is clear that if nosotros are to genuinely tackle dementia caput on, it requires a reply from the whole of society.

Subscribe to the
Email:

More Articles on Alzheimer's together with Dementia

Then every bit I started discussing the plan alongside others inwards the Alzheimer's community I wrote:
I was surprised to larn that they didn't think it was going to survive possible to recruit 1,000,000 volunteers for the program. I beleive they can, I know they will. I'll depict my rational below.
On 1 hand, I was shocked that at that spot was together with thus much negativity; on the other hand, I understood that alter doesn't come upwards easily to many.

Back inwards 2012 I knew it would work. One 1000000 trained together with willing volunteers. An soil forces cook to grapple dementia, assist those living alongside dementia, together with destroy the stigma attached to Alzheimer's together with related dementia.

How did I know it would work?

My woman rear had already attracted novel dementia friends - Dotty Had Dementia Friends together with They Are Wonderful People. At the fourth dimension I called them the wonderful people. Well if my woman rear could attract novel caring people without fifty-fifty trying -- what would tumble out if people tried?

I did the math for those who didn't believe it was possible. This is what I wrote inwards 2012.

For those who think 1,000,000 volunteers is ambitious catch this.
The Alzheimer's Society has already received the funding to consummate this mission.
  • Round One. The Alzheimer's Society volition develop together with educate the start 6,000 dementia friends.
  • Round Two. The 6,000 volition survive charged alongside grooming others. For this model lets assume that each dementia friend trains 5 people. 5 times 6,000 equals 30,000. Plus the master copy 6,000 equals 36,000.
  • Round Three. Each of the 36,000 dementia friends trains 5 novel people. 180,000 addition 36,000 equals 216,000 dementia friends.
  • Round 4. 216,000 develop 5 novel dementia friends. 1,080,000 addition 216,000 equals 1,296,000 dementia friends.
One Million Dementia Friends!

If y'all accept the fourth dimension I propose y'all read these 2 real interesting articles.

Dementia Charity Tackles Stigma alongside Help from a Million ‘Friends’


A Million Dementia Friends Lead the Way that Society Must Follow


Souces
Alzheimer's Society
The Guardian
Department of Health
Dementia Friends

You are reading master copy content the

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel